Friday, October 06, 2006

About Tests, Projects and Presentations

I still remember the orientation day, 7th August 2006, when we were handed over the time table for this semester. That was the day when I stuck the time table in front of my study table, looked at it and smiled. Wow! Only 5 lectures a week.

I still remember people talking in the MBA lounge, "I'm not going to send this time table back home; they're going to laugh at me. It's so light!!!"

Talking at the macro-level (please forgive my business jargon), the first two weeks were continuous visits to Ikea, Mustufa, Little India and China Town, to buy all sorts of stuff to "settle down". The next two weeks went by finding friends in whose house we can have dinner and finding places where we can party this Saturday.

Then CSO showed it's existence, which is the Career Service Office. The next two weeks were how to dress, how to talk, how to get a job, and all the how-to's which we thought we were experts at, and various company talks and the scolding that followed after that for not dressing properly, for asking stupid questions and so on.

And then started the academic things. Every prof started telling the dates of their mid-term tests, presentations and project proposal submission. Top it all with no knowledge of what has happened in the class.

I've been cribbing a lot. On almost all replies to "kya chal raha hai" on orkut, I've said, "padh padh ke pak gaya hoon". And on one such reply, I decided come'on man! what's up with all this cribbing! And so I've been watching movies since then :-).

So have a test tomorrow, but writing this blog. Easy one though. Group study has helped. And then another one next week. Will have to study a lot more for that. Hope things turn out well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All the very best for ur Exam