Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Ethics, values and the MBA gas

Disclaimer:
This article is purely an outcome of my frustration and should not be taken as an evidence to evaluate my values or ethics or even thought process. This is just an exaggerated account to mock certain people and experiences.

Certain incidences have happened recently in our college questioning the integrity of individuals. Including the racist bantering (forgive me for the understatement) that had happened following that, the entire thing was pathetic.

You know what, everyone here is an MBA already. Ask them one thing and they'll go on and on about everything else on the planet except answering the question. Nothing but pure gas. I dread to think how they'll be (I'll be mortified if I think about myself and so won't) after two years of practicing farting.

And that's what we were asked to do in the group discussion as part of recruitment drive of one company. And isn't it the same everywhere. After cracking one of the toughest exams history has known - CAT, you go and discuss gas on something as stupid as "pink elephants flying in the sky" (courtesy: Vineet). Sometimes I feel, if this is all what managers do, do I really need an MBA for that?

To all of my engineer friends, so long. I'll soon be the kind you hate the most. A manager.

3 comments:

Bijay Sinha said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bijay Sinha said...

Gorment.. Duniya main bebkoof hai isiliye hamare jaise log jinda hai.. Don't be afraid looking at them.. Be happy that they exist.. Otherwise whom do you think we'll punch when we'll have to practice.. These bozos have been kept there purposefully.. Just kick their ass and move ahead.. What say?? :-)
- Sinha

Anonymous said...

well this one is too late for a comment but just read it now so here it goes..
well my feelings towards u of hatred/love would depend upon my future too be it as a non manager/manager..if I become a manager too I would not hate you as we would be the wolves of the same pack:)...hmm agar main nahin bana manager and assuming u become one..phir to god bless u from ym curses..kidding mate!
sure wat matters is the words and wisdom of a person ..as form (read designation in this case) is temporary and class is permanent!!..howzaaatttt??

Wishing you all the very best in your endeavours:)

Cheers- Vivek Khosla