Sunday, May 14, 2006

Helpless, not hopeless!

Just saw it in the news. Laathi charge on medical students in Mumbai. (Rediff News 1, Rediff News 2, Rediff News 3, Times Of India).

I had a written the two lines above, and just found the links when Nidhi called. And, I had a long discussion with her about reservation. I was pretending to be "for" reservation while she was being herself - "against" reservation.

I was pretty angry when the discussion began (thanks to the news I saw just before the call), but am pretty cooled off now. And that proves my indifference. Selfish me!!!

So bogged down by my self, I don't want to write anything else!

2 comments:

Prayank said...

i can feel the u do .. many of us feel the same way

Helpless. Cowards. Shameless or Selfish whatevr ....

Nidhi said...

Yup. Selfish/Indifferent is what we are!!!!

I really wonder, how many of us protesting against the government even bothered to cast their votes at the time of elections!!!!! And this is the result of that indifference that we had shown at that time!

Very much like the discussion we had at the coffee table. Till anyone barges into our house, we dont care what happens outside in the world!