Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Beer and guitar go together!

I heard about a band called Shoestring on Radio City, Bangalore. Was browsing through their website when I found a link on "Learn to play [guitar]". Thought of checking it out.

It's really good. Includes music reading (which I always wanted to learn, but was too lazy). And guess what, the classes are in a pub :-) - Legends of Rock (review 1, review 2).

The curriculum looks pretty professional. And even after 4 years of playing guitar, I'll still be in the beginner. Why? Well, I don't know how to play :-). No seriously, I don't. I can only play some chords (not including the 5ths) and sing along.

And when I try my fingers, it plays pretty much like the Axe-Land ad (probably much worse). And when it comes to playing a Pink Floyd song, ... god help me.

But I might pass through to the intermediate level because the beginners level is only the basic chords (as per the curriculum). Let's see. The teacher, Robert - member of Shoestring - will be assessing. If they ask for theory, I'll go oops! If they ask for lead guitar, I'll go oops again!

Planning to continue this class till the advanced level and learn the studio basics as well. Need to learn everything to launch an album :-). Pranky, keep those words coming.

Starting this Saturday (1-Apr-2006).

4 comments:

Nidhi said...

A star born in a pub ;-)

Hope you get to learn more of guitar and drink less of beer :-)

All the best!!!!

Anonymous said...

HI beer is good but not too much when learning. i have been doing this for a while now even though i did procrastinate at first. im still slow but it is worth doing. i have started to gather information i have found useful as well as share the trials and tribulations of learning the guitar (as you know it can be frustrating sometimes). If you are interested my blogs are: Learn to play guitar, Guitar Lesson, Learn guitar

Prayank said...

hey remember i sent u a song by shoestring .. anyways i'll try my best to keep writin .. koi course nahi hota kya iska ...


BTW .. ye kya tha - 'errrr....hmmmm....ahem....ahem.ahem....well....err.... no comments.' bas yaad rakhna ki bade bade desho ki aisi choti choti baatein humse chupi nahi hain ..

Anonymous said...

how are the classes going?
manoj
www.shoestringtheband.com